Thursday, March 5, 2009

If I could I would swim in a vat of shea butter I would

I am in LOVE with shea butter. It is the all time best hair and skin product of all time. If you already knew about it, why didn't you tell me about it before? And if you haven't yet had a shea butter experience, go get yourself some!

Now, I'm not talking about lotion WITH shea butter or hair products WITH shea butter. While those products are good, I'm talking about 100% natural, unrefined shea butter. It's the consistency of hair grease (sort of - that's the best way to describe it) and when you rub it between you palms it melts. You can moisturize your hair and body with it. As someone with dry skin I am amazed by how long this stuff keeps your hair and skin shiny and soft. It works wonders in the winter, but it's not heavy so you won't need to switch moisturizes come the summer months.

I get my shea butter from my hair salon. They have a number of butters infused with essential oils and they all smell FANTASTIC! There's lots of online retailers selling 100% unrefined shea butter, but you can also find it in some beauty supply stores. Happy hunting!

Oh yea... my co worker uses shea butter and offered me this tip, melt some shea butter in the microwave - it makes a great massage oil.

1 comment:

PYT said...

Ooo, great post! I'm about to get myself some unrefined shea butter right now! I'm going to look on drugstore.com for some. Wish me luck! :)